13 January 2005

In the Interest of Complete Honesty

I consider myself to be a fairly environmentally conscious person...I recycle, make responsible purchases, try to walk or ride my bike instead of driving when I can, and write lots of angry letters to congressmen about environmental issues. So I would think that my ecological footprint would be relatively low, right? It's 17.94 acres. THAT'S HUGE! Ok, it is 29% less than the average inhabitant of North America, and that's something to be proud of, but really it just means that we all need to make a MUCH bigger effort before the planet decides to rebel.

Here's a website where you can calculate your ecological footprint and find some tips on how to reduce it (sorry, my computer still won't let me make it a link):
http://www.mec.ca/Apps/ecoCalc/ecoCalc.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=619029&bmUID=1105643255039

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mine is so bad that it said it would take 9.71 earths to maintain the population at what i am living at right now....don't shoot me please...

Anonymous said...

I have a 15.43 acre footprint. I think I can do better.

RahX said...

dear maggie, its quite easy to make a link


type the following

a href="the URL to the link">what you want the link to say< / a

only you eliminate the spaces. I had to do that so blogger didn't think i was trying to post a link :D Just put all that with a < at the beginning and > at the end. Make sense?

my website