22 October 2009

Days that start like this...

... always end with coke and yarn purchases.

One of my committee members suddenly went all psycho on me. And by "suddenly", I mean that she's always been psycho, but I thought that she'd been defused for the moment. A couple of weeks ago, my advisor unexpectedly stopped by her office (at another lab) and demanded that she sign off on my proposal. She did, but also demanded to talk to him and me by phone before the big conference that's coming up to make sure that I wasn't going to embarrass myself. I was hoping to put it off a little longer, but yesterday, she insisted on talking to me before the end of the week. We set up a time to call, and I read all of her work so that I could be prepared to kiss what she would think was an appropriate amount of her ass. After much wasted time and anxiety, we made the call this morning only to find out that what was bothering her was a very old misunderstanding that we have cleared up with her more than once, but that she apparently doesn't remember.

Which is all to say that upon returning to my desk, I opened a coke and bought the kit to make this:


and I'm very excited about both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the knitting circle of life is complete when you knit things to hold your knitting things.