18 April 2010

Ketchup

1) We went to DC a couple of weeks ago to finally see the new Oceans Hall exhibit at the Smithsonian. We saw Amanda's crab there.



We also happened to catch the cherry blossoms just a couple of days after the peak, and after a bit of searching, we finally made it to the Jefferson Memorial.



2) The gardening is coming along nicely. It'll be another couple of weeks before it's time to put anything in the ground, but I haven't managed to kill anything yet, except a bunch of lettuce.

The lettuce I started inside didn't do very well, but the ones outside in pots are starting to look like little heads of lettuce.


My tomatoes are starting to get their second set of real leaves.

And my peppers are just starting to get their first real leaves.


3) I finally died my first skein of yarn in my fabulous basement fiber arts studio. I was extremely pleased to have the chance to apply my serial dilution skills for non-science purposes.

Normally, I could do without the color yellow altogether, but it's appropriate to the current project, and as yellows go, I find this one completely charming with it's sunny touches of orange but not quite saturated qualities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1)I don't know who it's related to! that's the problem!

2)"sunny touches of orange"? are you working for some ladies magazine now?

3)I want to see booby blue next

Maggie said...

2) What would you have me call it? I'm afraid I don't know the RGB definition.

3) The blue footed booby slippers are for toddlers, and I assume all of my friends will be starting with newborns. Maybe later.