09 December 2010

It's officially time to panic

Despite a seriously amazing effort that got the slippers for my mom's friend knit, felted, dried, and painted in just 3 days (the paint is drying now, and they'll go in the mail in the morning), I think we can safely say that someone is going to be unwrapping a knitting project still on the needles come Christmas morning. There are only 15 days until Christmas, and only 13 of them useful, since I'll be driving home on Dec. 23, and most of the things on the list are for people there, I won't be able to work on them anymore. Worse yet, J and I are leaving on a very tiny vacation tomorrow morning, so I won't get much done over the weekend. Also, this whole second job thing is not helping.

I realize this list isn't interesting to anyone but me, but it is organizationally useful, so it will probably keep happening. Things that have moved since the last time are in bold. To spice things up a bit, I'll take bets on how many and which items are left unfinished on Christmas Eve.

Current knitting status:
Finished:
-1 lace scarf for Sallie, I can not express how much I love this scarf
-1 skein custom dyed yarn for mom, colorway: nuts and berries
-3 skeins custom died yarn for brothers, colorway: walnut camo
-1 bag with sewn lining and zipper for my cousin
-1 pair of felted slippers commissioned by mom. Had to dry them in the oven, but I made it happen.

In progress:
-A smaller, change-purse-ish bag to match the one for my cousin. The lining is sewn, the knitting is done, but now I have to find some matching thread to sew them together.
-1 super secret item...the knitting is done, but next is the sewing. I hate the sewing.
-Lace scarf for mom. I'm buying her a scarf pin this time so that she can pin it to her coat whenever she takes them both off. She will also be given strict instructions not to wear this one to Limerick as the residents of that lovely city are already wearing more of my hand knits than I ever intended.
-1 camo balaclava for one of the brothers. The first attempt came out sort of cone headed. Mom insists that they do have kind of pointy heads sometimes, but I decided to pull it out and re-engineer anyway.

Still on the list:
-1 more super secret item: the yarn is on the way
-1 more camo balaclava for the other brother

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

betting on failure to complete a mission seems un-American. But I'll place my bid for 6 unfinished items.