01 February 2006

'Cause I have a few min

For the first time all week, I'm not working madly to meet a deadline imposed by me for no real reason. I've been rushing to finish the first draft of the first chapter of my thesis before classes get all crazy. Looks like I'm going to make it. I have all day tomorrow to track down a couple of sources and write a title and abstract. Shockingly, the title is the part I'm most worried about. How do you say in ten words or less something that you just finished writing more than ten pages about? I've also been rushing to finish an assignment for the stat class. I thought it was due today, and I had not managed to do any of it. Turns out that the professor was not joking when he said it was due two weeks from Monday. I'm waiting for it to be time for the first meeting of the newest dorktastic club at the lab. We're holding "Mockumentary Night" once a month. We'll screen documentaries that were either made as a joke or should have been. Tonight's feature: Grizzly Man, the story of that guy who went to live with the bears and then got eaten.

On my way home from the main campus today I heard the most hilarious ad on the radio. Apparently two local counties are fighting over who's responsible for maintaining the water treatment plant that they share. The solution? They are holding a coed flag football game on Sunday. The toilet bowl. The loser is responsible for dealing with the sewage. At least they have a sense of humor?

As I was sitting here waiting and catching up on some things, E (one of the professors in my lab group) stepped out of her office and insisted on giving me some chocolate (anyone having flashbacks to Dr. Wright's class?). On the inside of two of the wrappers, there are pieces of advice a la fortune cookie. The first says that I should test myown limits and keep going. I'm on it. The second told me to get my feet massaged. Sounds good.

In other news, today is Coke Free Day #3, and no casualties have been reported so far.

And that concludes today's completely fragmented time killing blog post.

No comments: