22 March 2006

I *heart* Spring Break

Having gone to undergrad in Myrtle Beach, I never properly observed Spring Break. It just kind of happens all around you there for about a month, whether you like it or not. So when it was time for our break, I always went home to get away from the craziness. I now know what the hype is all about.

A bunch of the students here went to Hatteras, NC and rented the most amazing house ever…three stories, seven bedrooms, eight bathrooms, pool, hot tub, entertainment system with speakers wired to every room and the deck, pool table, computer with internet to settle dorktastic disputes. I got there early enough to claim a bedroom for myself, and of course that came with its own bathroom. We ate like royalty and drank ourselves stupid. We didn’t bother to leave the house for the entire three days except to go down to the beach where we beach combed by day and held bonfires by night. It was a horrible shock on Monday to realize that the rest of the world was working when we discovered that our lounging around the pool was serving as performance art for the construction workers building the house next door.

On the whole, the weekend was just one more example of how the people here rock. Driving back in the snow yesterday completely harshed the mellow, but now I have another day and a half to finish the revisions on my draft before going to see Dorian. What could possibly be bad about any of that?

No comments: