18 September 2006

Apparently my life is lacking in bling

So says the old woman who grabbed me by the arm and began afixing several glow in the dark bracelets to my wrist upon my entering the VFW on Friday.

We finally got around to showing up for the VFW twice monthly karaoke night. It was something. If you can ignore the redneck chick in a very short skirt and no underwear it was a good time. Of course, I have no business singing, in public or otherwise, but if by singing you mean hollering the words to the Pina Colada Song with 10 other girls, I’m in. Plus I’m taking my own advice to live while you’re alive. I’m not sure what’s meant by “so I heard you were at the VFW on Friday” which I have heard from several people today including my advisor’s wife, but that’s all the detail they’ll give. Advisor’s wife mentioned that she might tear herself away from the evil children and join us next time. We’ve decided that not only does she have to come, she has to bring my advisor, and together they must sing the best of Sonny and Cher.

That’s pretty much the highlight. Otherwise, I’ve been reading and reading and reading for my stupid classes. My poster’s finally finished and printed and ready to go to the Colloquium in two weeks. And now I’m going back to the reading.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought the VFW was reserved for really old people...kinda like the bar all the nursing home residnets sneak out to on Tuesday evenings.

Anonymous said...

is that a hint? like do you want me to buy you diamonds? or perhaps a nice clock to wear round your neck? or a new grill? you would look lovely with rubies in your teef.

JIK said...

new blog address http://foramsforamsforams.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Maggie on the dock with rubies!