14 March 2007

Girl Scouts and stalkers are always prepared

When I woke up this morning, I was sure it was going to be the worst day ever. But then I went in search of the water bill, which I was sure would be painful since we’ve been keeping our faucets dripping to avoid pipe freezing. Instead I found a package from Dorian that someone so thoughtfully buried under the giant pile of junk mail that I’ve been accumulating. It had a very “be prepared” theme, and it made me laugh all the way to work.

I went to class in a good mood, but then it was the longest, most boring lecture ever. Luckily I returned to my desk to discover that I might have gotten my REU this morning. They offered the position to a girl from Florida A&M. No response from her yet, but I googled her just in case she should happen to take my advisor up on his invitation for her to call and talk to me about the project. Didn’t find out much. She has a pretty unique name, but I’m still not even sure that the information I did find is about her.

No comments: