09 August 2007

Too indifferent to think of a title

Busy week. The experiment has failed one more time. I’ve got a reporter coming in an hour to talk to me about jellyfish and why there are so few this year. The answer? I’m debating between “heck if I know” and “they’re messing with me, it’s a vast conspiracy.” I’m sure neither of these is what she’s hoping to hear. I had planned to spend the whole day with my slightly defective intern helping her with the talk that she’s giving tomorrow. She’s procrastinated so much that she no longer gets my sympathy for her chronic fear of public speaking.

And now since I can’t string thoughts together in an intelligent manner, an oddly sports related list:

  • Went to an Orioles game on Tuesday. Camden Yard is decidedly the best ballpark ever.
  • The first practice of the coed softball team I joined was yesterday. Turns out that I actually can still hit a softball… not as hard as I would have liked, but at least I didn’t hurt myself.
  • I just read about a protest against human rights practices by the Chinese government in China and Tibet that was planned for baseball games in 11 different cities on Saturday. I can’t find anything about them in the news that was published after the games. Has anyone seen anything? I’m very interested to know how it went.

No comments: