J had a really terribly bad day on Tuesday. This has been his first full week in the police academy. These people obviously have something to prove, and they are taking it out on the recruits by making their training "harder than the Marines." So obviously, the adjustment to this routine has been difficult for J. I have no doubt that he can do it, and he seems to be settling in quite nicely now, but on Tuesday, he was pretty pathetic. And so, I did what I do, which is to say that I baked him a batch of cookies and packed up a care package. I didn't have a whole lot of ingredients in the house, and our street was still all but impassable from the snow storm, so when roommate D tried to steal a cookie, I swatted her away and explained that they were for J because he needed some encouragement.
D's response: "Math is hard, lets make cookies for the boys."
My first thought: I suppose that's what I get for asserting my feminist opinions around the likes of her.
My second thought: Now wait a damn minute! Math is hard, but that certainly doesn't stop me from doing it well, and when one of my people needs cookies I'll not have my feminist credibility questioned for providing them!
06 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i baked a batch of cookies today for my thesis defense...
cookies make everything better....
and by no means do they undermine feminist ideals!
:)
Post a Comment