I went into my advisor's office this morning with the intention of talking about my up coming proposal defense, and instead he wanted to know if I thought my REU should take our project to CERF, which is in Portland, OR this year. He pointed out two issues. First, maybe I should go instead. Second, I just presented that at ASLO in Nice. I mentioned that there will be another special session on jellyfish, and that one of my committee members is the session chair, so I would like some kind of presence there, even if it is just my name on her poster.
Him: Well that settles it. You'll go, and she won't. We'll have to come up with something new for you to talk about.
Me: Um, what?
I think he was just looking for a reason to say no to the REU and their annoying program director, but I wasn't aware that "something new" was one of the options. Nor am I sure how we're going to pay for this. But I'm going to Portland!
20 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment