21 May 2009
Oh the irony
Apparently I can solve everyone's statistics problems except my own. Multiple people have shown up at my desk with stat questions today, including my very shy labmate who never asks for help (especially not from a woman, but there I go again with a whole other story). I just gave the most brilliant lecture on how a regression equation is nothing more than a two dimensional mean where each point on the line represents the mean of a distribution along a perpendicular cross section of the line. (Everyone just stopped reading, didn't they?) I started drawing and could actually see the light bulb turn on over his head. I'm having no such luck with my own stats. I've been staring at them all week and cannot make a lick of sense out of them. Perhaps it's time to give up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment