On Friday while I was out in the blazing heat tying J's mattress to the roof of his car, a neighbor/coworker* asked if we were moving. I confirmed that we were and proceeded to engage in small talk about the upgrade in our living situations. As he was walking away, he shouted across the street, "Congratulations on shacking up!"
Despite terribly hot and wet weather, we have officially gotten everything that is absolutely necessary into the new house. All the furniture has been moved, except for a couple of book shelves. Both kitchens have been moved, except for the condiments. All of the clothes have been moved, except for the ones hanging in our closets, but who wears those anyway? All that's left is a whole bunch of loose junk that needs to be boxed up and moved, and I can't even tell you how tempting it is to just abandon it completely.
*because this town is too small for a person to occupy just one social title.
24 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
congrats on getting so much done...I hate moving with a passion
:)
Post a Comment