Apparently the perpetrators of the heinous kidnapping and defacing of Don Pedro have been identified and charged by the Sheriff's department. Sadly the missing statue won't be returned because "unfortunately the missing ram was broken up into pieces and thrown into various parts of a septic lagoon." Who does that?
On the other hand, it appears that there's about to be a bench warrant for my arrest in the state of South Carolina. Despite not having lived there in more than 4 years and having officially changed my address almost 3 years ago, I've been called for jury duty. The due date for paperwork on why I can't be a juror is tomorrow, but the summons has not yet reached me. I've tried to reach the Clerk of Courts by phone, but they will only let me reach a voice mail system that gives me instructions. No opportunity to talk to a person or even leave a message. My attitude on the situation is not very good. As far as I'm concerned, they'll get it when they get it because this is their problem and not mine, and I don't actually believe their silly threats about things happening if I don't respond. The real interesting story here is that my brothers seem to be at war over it. One of them has been very good about contacting me to tell me that he's sending the summons, etc. The other brother, who happens to be a Sheriff's Deputy and knows the clerk of courts personally promised the first brother that he'd clear it up. The first brother then stopped efforts to mail the thing to me under the assumption that it had been taken care of. The second brother then forgot to do anything about it. First brother called me in a panic this afternoon about how he didn't want to have to bail me out of jail and that he'd kick the other brother's ass if it came to that. Which is especially sweet since he is not the brother who would win that fight.
17 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment