10 January 2010

Holiday update

Christmas break was lovely. I stayed here for the holiday, then headed south for a whole second one. Santa brought me a new camera, so the blog will once again be illustrated. Sunday we had lunch at Andy's new house, and I finally met Lilly (his puppy). Dad's been working in Atlanta for the last few weeks, and he had to head back down there shortly after I got home, so Mom and I went down to Atlanta for a day to go to the aquarium and then spend the evening with Dad. Despite being TERRIBLY crowded, The aquarium has gone to the top of my list as the best aquarium I've ever been to. Sorry Baltimore. We saw tons of really interesting sharks.

There were whale sharks:


And guitarfish:

And sawfish:


On the way home, Mom and I shopped. We found lots of craft supplies and butchers twine (which is exciting because I've been searching for it for years). We looked really hard for some uniquely loud buttons so that I could finish up Sallie's Christmas present, but there was no luck. Apparently even in places were the craft stores sell buttons, the buttons suck. So I bought some clay instead. I made exactly what I wanted, and it turned out to be lots of fun. So I made more. And now I have an Etsy site (click here to visit the shop).





The buttons are seriously loud and terribly girly, but they're fun to make. Tell your friends.

No comments: