19 June 2010

A little blue

This morning, I gave a tour of the lab. The lock exchange tank, which is my very favoritest part of the whole thing, had sprung a leak. But because I love it so, I showed it anyway. And now I'm blue. We use food dye to color the salt water so that you can see what happens when salt and fresh water mix. The food dye is slowly wearing off my hands but is still well affixed to the tips of my finger nails. It's like some absurd punk french manicure.

Then I dedicated the afternoon and evening to blueberries. I went out and picked my own, which brings my personal harvesting effort up to 13 quarts of berries this year. That's three and a quarter gallons of berries.

I made blueberry limeade.

And blueberry crisp, not ironically from a Martha Stewart recipe. I highly recommend it actually. It's a good thing.

And I finally got around to jam.


And since we're having show and tell, I have a few plants starting to produce vegetables! The tiny cucumbers are starting to balloon out into weird shapes.

The little tendrils reaching out to climb are charming the heck out of me.

And I even have a couple of tomatoes. Seriously, a couple, but I think there are more on the way. They are not yet big enough to tell what variety they are, so I still have no idea what they'll be.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

YAY Farmer Maggie!!!
(4 days til we invade!)