I was sitting outside at lunch watching the first of the thunderheads roll in from a low pressure system that is coming from the mid-west, when I thought to myself, "isn't this the low pressure system that is supposed to push Irene offshore? At this rate, it's going to be well offshore before she gets here, which will steer her right back onshore." And sure enough, by the time I got back in from lunch, there were new storm tracks posted. Of nine modeled paths, three pass just west of here, two cut directly across central Delmarva, three pass just to the east, and one takes a turn offshore.
With storms already starting to threaten today, spotty rain in the forecast for tomorrow, and high high tides already, I decided that it was time to get the Jelly Cam electronics off the dock. So, I'm covered in spider webs, and itchy with the idea that I'm also covered with spiders, but the lab is taken care of.
There are still a few hatches to batten at home. We moved everything of value off the basement floor last night. If I don't take the recycling out before the storm hits, it's going to be strewn all over the neighborhood. I will have to clear space in the shed for the trash can and the grill, and I need a few groceries. Otherwise, I have plenty of grillable food in the freezer, oil for the lamps, plenty of knitting, and a bottle of rum. So I guess I'm just about set.
25 August 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the rum is key! I was really looking forward to a few days off school.
Hope all goes well for you!
Post a Comment