29 December 2011

I got a dollar. I got a dollar. I got a dollar. Hey hey hey hey.

Immediately upon my arrival home for Christmas, mom asked "do you wanna make some meat balls?" Answer: Not really. Turns out it was more of an order than a question. She was throwing a party to celebrate all the dissertating the next night, and despite it being my party, she put me straight to work. A bit later, the folks and I were sitting at the kitchen table icing cookies while li'l brother #2 was eating dinner after getting home late from work...

LB#2: I'll give you a dollar if you'll put Parmesan cheese on that cookie and eat it.
Me: Show me the dollar.

He did, and now he is a dollar poorer.


Finished gifts:
- Alpaca/silk lace shawl for aunt
- Beaded bracelet and matching earrings for girlfriend of brother #2
- Beaded necklace for girlfriend of brother #1.
- Blue footed booby slippers for three-year-old offspring of girlfriend of brother #2.
- Slippers for brother #1.

On the needles:
- Finish scarf that was gifted to mom last year, but never quite finished. I did in fact get the necessary reference book, but the edging is proving more difficult than it looks. Probably won't be in mom's hands by New Years, but soon after I hope.

No comments: