07 November 2005

J. D. Salinger is my hero

...and if that makes me a dork, that's just fine. I've been saving the last of his books that I could get my hands on for a day when I needed something especially good to read. Dorian's recent post made me want egg rolls and Salinger, but I didn't have any egg rolls, so I broke down and opened the book. It's Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters, and the dedication reads "If there is an amateur reader still left in the world--or anybody who just reads and runs--I ask him or her, with untellable affection and gratitude, to split the didication of this book four ways with my wife and children." Brilliant!

Also, thanks to everyone who participated in the first test of my illicite library network. I think I finally got what I'm looking for through an interlibrary loan at the University of AK, Fairbanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Salinger is the best.