I threw myself in the river bright and early yesterday morning. That might have been the stupidest thing ever. There was snow on the beach. It was for charity of course. Before we jumped in, the director of the charity kept saying how it wouldn't be cold because we would feel all warm inside because we know why we were there. Got me to thinking...why were we there? People could have given just as much money for me not to jump in the river, and the sponsers could have donated what they spent to provide my lunch. Despite the absurdity and the cold, it was lots of fun, and we are talking about doing another one in Annapolis in January. The shock of the cold must have been draining because I came home and took the best nap ever (if sleeping was a sport, this would have been a gold metal performance).
Spent all of today shopping. Bought a few presents, but mostly got things for myself. Now at nearly 11:30, it is time to start studying. As uncharacteristic as it sounds, I finished a paper on Friday that isn't due until Tuesday. Finals are this week. Most of them are take home. Only one in-class exam, but even so, if I don't post again this week, don't be shocked.
11 December 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hum... so i thought there were supposed to be pics of this event?
As I was busy throwing myself in the river, I did not take any, but the web site promises that they are coming soon. I'll let you know when they are posted.
Post a Comment