22 January 2006

I've made room at the top of my list

Last night after much drunkenness, I came inside to warm up after a game of nails. I found several or our guests throwing the leftovers from a vegitable tray around out house. On my way to making it stop, I was distracted by a fellow student, we'll call her A, passed out under the bench in our front hallway. Her husband R was standing there trying to get her to get up and in the car. Their 5 yr. old N was asleep on the couch. R was sober and could have driven home, but they don't live in town, and it was late and getting A in the car was not looking promising. I insisted that they stay and went in search of sheets for the pull out couch. It took three of us to get her into bed. By the time I was finished with that, the vegitable ammunition had all been spent, so I didn't really see the point of yelling at them for picking up and re-throwing the broccoli. This morning we discovered that they were also throwing the cherry tomatos. Wives were called, and the single guys were bitched at directly. I could have sworn we were too old for that. I'm told that hungover cleaning qualifies as a roommate bonding experience, but that statement only served to remind me that half of our roommates, including the one who threw the party, were not participating. Don't let me deny it...I had a good time, but my list has grown considerably.

"You know you're not quite grown up yet when you spend all day cleaning after the party instead of before."-Dirty D

No comments: