06 January 2006

Unless combos and craisins qualify as dinner...

...all New Years resolutions will go into effect tomorrow.

And since we are on the topic, now seems like a good time to list them. D's quiz suggests that I should get a pony, travel to Sweden, eat more cheese, and get in shape by surfing. I don't really want a pony, but otherwise I'm in. For real though...I'm normally not one to make resolutions. I'm generally pretty happy with the way I live my life, and more importantly, realistic about how much change is likely to happen, but this year has been a bit crazy. Some things may have been overlooked. Now seems like a good time to fix that. Without further ado, here's all that's fit to post:

Eat more like an adult and less like a college student. This is usually not a problem for me, even when I was a college student, but the last half of the semester got a little out of hand. More fresh vegitables (local if I can), fewer packaged noodle products!

Quit drinking Coke (not all together, that would be crazy!). When my current stash is gone, I'm not bringing any more into the house unless there is an academic emergency. Otherwise, I'm allowed to consume it on weekends or in restaurants.

Finally join the Y and start dragging my ass to the Butts and Guts class once a week with R.

Find more time to read just for me. Novels, National Geographic, news papers, trashy tabloids, cereal boxes...doesn't matter as long as it's just for fun, no school involved. I got a new chair for my reading nook for christmas, and I intend to use it!

Be less lame. I'm not making any promises here, but on Saturday nights when people show up to try to drag me and the other losers out, I'll at least get up to answer the door. After that, it's anybody's guess.

2 comments:

Dick E. said...

Let's get real,
lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I likey the new template