21 May 2007

Coo Coo Ca'choo

Another interesting weekend. In which I managed to accomplish not a single thing around the house.

You may recall a few weeks ago I mentioned stopping at the beach in Delaware after we toured a brewery and being approached on the beach by a 19 year old kid. It was fairly entertaining at the time, but not so much so that I felt the need to tell everyone I know. My friends conveniently disagreed and proceeded to spread the word that I was out picking up very young men. I’ve since become known as Mrs. Robinson. So Friday, when we went to the VFW for karaoke, jokes were made, and some of the boys decided to sing the Simon and Garfunkel song. I wasn’t really paying attention to who was singing, but suddenly I found myself sitting alone with the three boys coming my way with microphones in hand. Not only did they dedicate the song to me, they also crowded around and sang it directly to me. Mid way through the song, one of them (not the right one) got down on one knee and presented me with the ring from his keychain. I was a very good sport about it, but I think some kind of retaliation is in order. Please send your suggestions, and remember that I do not plan to deliver it in the form of a song.

Garden update: the tomato and pepper seedlings are still alive and showing signs of growth. There are lots of things sprouting from the cucumber mounds, but it’s too early to determine whether any of them are cucumbers. The beets have definitely sprouted and are looking great. No signs yet of watermelons, but I remain optimistic.

No comments: