This is the explanation I’m giving for my current state. My brain has been moving at about half speed for the last couple of weeks, and there’s no sign of change.
My REU got here yesterday, and I’m feeling a little bad for being glad that she doesn’t seem to have a mind of her own. She seems plenty smart and functional, and those are the main requirements, but I was worried that she would have ideas of her own and want to pursue them. That is not in the plans. She’s here to do my bidding. Luckily, it appears that she will be easily molded into my image. I had a crazy day yesterday with back to back meetings all day, so when the whole group of interns showed up nearly an hour late, the time that was scheduled to talk to her got cut very very short. In the 15 minutes that I did manage to spend with her, I gave her a tour of the giant tanks we’ll be using. Upon opening the door into the lab, we were swarmed by mosquitoes. I was sure she was going to run away right then, but she took it like a champ. We talked a little more, and she said that the thing she was worried about most was writing a proposal and a paper by her self. I told her to be completely meticulous about data collection and storage and to ask for help whenever she thinks she needs it, and I’ll make sure the writing comes out right. Also, I don’t really care if she writes anything at all as long as my data is collected properly. I’m a bad person.
No comments:
Post a Comment