Reason #1:
I started the day with the unfortunate realization that the only makeup I own was purchased at a much paler time in my life. This was a complete shock for several reasons. First I rarely ever wear makeup, so bothering with it at all is a shock. Second, I’m rarely anything but pale. This morning’s effort was an attempt to cover the shiner whose origins I’m not going to explain here. I’d prefer not to explain them anywhere. Sadly, that does not seem to be an option.
Reason #2:
All week I’ve been making an effort to start the day with a goal for productivity at work. Not just a general goal to do any old productive thing, but a specific goal that I will accomplish before I leave. All week this strategy has been pretty effective. Until today. Somehow I completely overlooked today. I have nothing left to accomplish that I actually feel like accomplishing. I’m about to go out to lunch. I’m hoping that when I get back, I’ll be feeling a bit more inspired. Otherwise I’m going home.
Reason #3:
Subtle manipulation skills are not up to par. A coworker and I have been joking for quite a while that we need to come in on a weekend and rearrange the furniture to suit our own purposes while everyone else is not looking. At least I was joking. Apparently he was not. In fact, what he’s doing can best be described as obsessing. At least once a day he either IMs or comes over to my desk to discuss his plans. Which consist of a completely illegible drawing. He’s right that the pod could use a little rearranging, but I don’t think his plans are good. My strategy is to subtly manipulate his plans until they are actually my plans, but today, I’ve not been terribly successful. Normally I so enjoy a nice manipulation, but it’s just not working today. Maybe Monday I’ll be back on my game.
No comments:
Post a Comment