And knitting makes me happy, so here it is. Yesterday I turned the heal on the "Mountain Sky" sock. The pattern is a seed stitch rib. It takes two things I like the look of but don't like doing (seed stitch and ribs) and makes them both bearable. Once again, I can't wait to wear them.

And when I finish them, I'll start knitting my hand painted yarn. Here it is drying:

And here it is skeined:

Pretty horrible right? But I have high hopes for when it's knit up. Otherwise I'll just gift the socks to someone... though I suppose it'll have to be someone who doesn't read this to know that I'm intentionally giving them ugly socks.
These are my cabled socks... sorry they're a little out of focus. It's hard to photograph your own feet. If it's possible, they are even more lovely to wear than they are to look at.


No comments:
Post a Comment