14 February 2008

Good morning!

Some time during the night last night, it snowed. Not much, just a dusting. My car was parked in the shade, so it still had nearly an inch on it. This morning, I was actually on time until I discovered the snow on my car. So I scraped. No big deal, it only took three minutes, still reasonably on time. I got in the car, turned things on, started the wipers, and decided that I hadn’t scraped well enough. Not wanting to wait for the defrost to melt things, I got out to do some more scraping. Two minutes later I grabbed the door handle to get back in and discovered that I’d apparently hit the lock button on my way out of the car. It was running. And the door to the house was locked. Luckily, J was running ten minutes late, so I caught a ride to the lab with him to borrow house keys from a roommate. He drove me back home, and I started searching for my spare keys. Then I realized that I knew exactly where they were. I had put them in my purse for the road trip home at Christmas. You know, in case I dropped my keys down a grate in Hucklebuck, North Carolina or something. They were in my purse. My purse was in my car, which was still running and still locked. But not to worry, I knew where to find my spare keyless entry remote. Found it. Tried it. The battery was dead. I opened it up to see what kind of battery I needed, and guess what! It’s the same one that runs my wind meter for jellytime! And I just bought a spare! Wanna bet where it is? Are you noticing a theme? It was in my car, which was still running and still locked. Being the resourceful type that I am, I finally found a keyless entry remote that was attached to someone else’s spare keys. I stole the battery, opened my car, retrieved my keys, put the spares back in the house where they belonged, and found the new battery. I finally got to work, but I’m wondering if it wasn’t a sign that I should have stayed in bed today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

next time this happens try to find a tennis ball. There are videos on youtube that show you how to use it to open car doors.