28 February 2008

How cute, he thinks he's Beowulf

I finished the day’s planned studying just a tiny bit too early to bail out of here and go fabric shopping, so I decided to spend a few minutes reading the internet. An article on Slate.com about mead caught my eye because some of the boys have been brewing beer lately and recently decided to take a crack at mead. One of them is a kind of odd get-rich-quick-schemer who thinks that mead is just the kind of niche market he’s looking for (never mind that silly advanced degree). So I got to reading, and there are a couple of lines that I simply can’t help but share…

“[C]urrency with the Society for Creative Anachronism is not exactly a signifier of great commercial promise.”

“If Winnie-the-Pooh ever took to the bottle, this is exactly what he'd want.”

…and finally, from the message boards (seriously, people are discussing this):

“Mead is for drinking… oneself into a stupor.”

No comments: