I heard the greatest commercial on the radio this morning on my way home from jellytime. It very nearly made me take a detour to purchase a Bud Lite for breakfast. It was one of their "real men of genius" series all about the current bailout situation. I'll not go into my personal feelings on that situation, mostly because they are quite mixed and not at all coherent. I mean, how do you reconcile the need to stabilize the economy (if this would even do that in the first place)with the idea of keeping the government out of everyone's private business, including actual businesses? It's beyond me, but the commercial about how regular folk are losing their houses while also paying to bail out the rich executives made my day.
In other news, we actually won a softball game yesterday. Decisively.
Update: Aw. For better or worse (and apparently for reasons completely unrelated to the possible need or lack thereof for the thing), congress killed the bill. I certainly hope they didn't also kill the commercial!
29 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Here's to you Mr. Ripped Off Tax Payer is a great post title/expression/etc.
Post a Comment