07 April 2009

I rant a lot...

... about how people around here have no manners. But apparently karma is finally catching up with me.

On Friday I did many very small good deeds. I drove G to the oral surgeon then picked up her prescriptions. She insisted on paying me back right that minute for the prescriptions (seriously, it could have waited for the pain medication to kick in at least) and has already started making plans for taking me out to lunch despite not quite being ready for solid foods yet. Later, I gave E a ride into the city for a bachelorette party we were both attending. I didn't ask for gas or parking money because I was pretty happy just to have some company. Plus, her company turned out to be lovely. E and I are best described as casual acquaintances. We generally run in the same circles, but never hang out alone together, so it was a very pleasant surprise that we didn't run out of things to say to each other and spend most of the 2 hour ride in awkward silence. An even more pleasant surprise, she dropped $5 and a note of thanks in my box. Finally at the end of the night, R was having trouble with the Metro Farecard machine. I lent her a handful of quarters that I'd put in my pocket for just such an event. It was only $1.75, and I never expected to see it again, but every cent of it was on my desk this morning also with a pleasant note.
It's like the world has turned upside down.

No comments: