After I came in from playing yesterday, it occurred to me that today was going to be Monday, and that I was going to have to go to work. As disappointing as that normally is, yesterday it posed an even larger problem. There was a drift of snow higher than my bumper just outside the carport. So after considering my options, I decided that the hour of sunlight left was not enough to fix the problem, but would be enough to put a big dent in it. So I put on all those clothes again, and grabbed the shovel. I assessed the driveway and decided that I was more likely to dig J's care out than mine. He'd already dug out the part of the driveway where he's been parking his work truck, and that was behind his car. But we have a very very long driveway, so it was still going to be a big job. I started with the worst of it: the big drift right behind the cars. I shoveled and shoveled, and I actually made it about half was to where I needed to get.

Then I came in for a quick break and to take off a layer because shoveling is hot work, even when you are up to your knees in snow. I happened to glance a the computer, which was open to my email. In the time that I'd been out shoveling, they'd finally made the decision to close the lab. So now I'm home thinking about going out to shovel the rest of the driveway and looking at the forecast for the rest of the week.

Just once, is it too much to ask to be in the "disrupted" area in stead of the "immobilized" one?
2 comments:
I'd be less worried about being immobilized and more worried about the fact that you are going to explode on Wednesday.
Yes, the "explosion" concerns me as well, but I'm not sure I'm going to last that long. There's a strong possibility that I'm going to get in J's car and start driving south any second.
Post a Comment