07 February 2010

Unsupervised

Poor J's had to work all weekend, so I've been snowed in all by myself. Having said that, I'm sure it's no surprise when I say that this happened:


Or this:


Or especially this:


But when I ran out of things to bake, and had a stomach ache from eating the things I baked, and got bored with knitting and drinking and watching old episodes of Law and Order SVU, things got a little crazy. I put on all of this:


...and went outside, where I made this:


Our snow, while quite plentiful, is way too dry for making snowwomen, so she's* a little... let's call her uniquely shaped. A very short survey of the yard (because walking in snow that's deeper than my knees is not something that I'm willing to do for very long) suggests that we got somewhere between 1.5 and 2.5 feet of snow.

And now, I DEMAND SPRING!

*This is not intended to be any kind of feminist statement. I just couldn't imagine a self-respecting snowman wearing that hat, and I needed to choose a pronoun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you sure you didn't steal those pics straight out of a home and garden magazine?

Maggie said...

Thanks, but no. And if you could see that the bowl and teapot are actually the trailing edge of a pile of dirty dishes, and that the stack of cookbooks are tattered cast-offs purchased for a quarter at a yard sale and held together with duct tape, it would be evident. Not to mention that they'd have to have been from a magazine circa 1976.