07 April 2005

Just Another Super Hero

As some of you may have noticed, I've recently expanded my super hero capabilities. In fact, I have an entirely new super hero personality; we'll call her Annoyingly Happy Girl. I'll take this opportunity to apologise for any damage she may have inflicted...I am sorry. She means well, but I have lost all control over her as a result of a very good long weekend. Saturday I got to see Dorian AND Moose before I went out to Cambridge, MD for a grad school interview (no pressure though cause they had already offered me the possition). To make a long story short, I love my advisor, I love the lab, I love the town, and I can't wait to start. All day, my advisor acted like he had to sell me on the program, but when I finally convinced him that I was very very sold, he asked if I wanted to get an early start over the summer. The logistics of this are still being worked out, and the University might try to foil our plan, but I'm still thrilled. Also, he suggested that if I get good data this summer and next, and I scramble to get it all analysed, he'll take me to the ASLO (American Society of Limnologists and Oceanographers) meeting in Honoloulou next fall. Even my crappy job couldn't calm me down. It just made me giggle because I'm out of here soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you maggie mae...i am so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Color me green with envy

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that Annoyingly Happy Girl is actually a lot less annoying than Delayed Reaction Girl

Maggie said...

don't worry, she's still around