14 April 2005
Place Your Bets!
The question: exactly how many times do I have to threaten to walk out or refuse to do my job before they either take me up on the offer or fire me? Last week, I gave my boss over seven weeks notice that I need a weekend off. He said no because two other employees need that weekend off. After I told him that he could schedule me or not, but I wouldn't be there, he seemed to have caved. Imagine my surprise on Tuesday when he said I couldn't have my weekend. I told him to handle it, that's why they pay him the management money, and again he caved. Since then I've been counting the threats and refusals, and I'm up to five in three days. I know how you all like to gamble, so I'm making two different opportunities available. First, when will I finally leave? And second (because we all know I'll never do it), how many times can I threaten quitting in the next five weeks? Of course I have complete control over the outcome, so I'll try to refrain from participating in the festivities...but please, bet amongst yourselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
However many times you make threats about leaving, make sure that when you do leave you cause a scene. Throw your name badge and yell "I QUIT" as loudly as possible. It's good times.
I bet you a 12 pack of coke that you won't quit until a few days before you HAVE to leave for Maryland. You have the curse of responsibility Margaret.
I have in fact given my notice for one month from tomorrow. That is almost three weeks before I start school, but there will be a wedding, a graduation, some SCUBA diving, and a whole lot of organizing in that time...so no bet D, I can surely make it a month. Amanda, I spent several hours today thinking of what horrible thing I'd like to say to my last customer, but with my luck, it'll be some nice old lady who doesn't deserve my anger.
Even nice old ladies deserve to be yelled at every now and then. It keeps them in their place.
Post a Comment