Apparently all of College Park had lost its mind yesterday. Upon reaching campus, the first thing I saw was a camel crossing the street in front of me with a student riding on top. I guess some group was offering camel rides, but I have no idea why. So, I parked my car and walked to class. As I passed the Physics building, I noticed in sidewalk chalk on the steps, “Newton didn’t wear pants.” Good to know. Went to class. Dr. K walked into the room and without even saying hello started grilling me on the presentation that I had given on Monday. You would have thought that the grilling I took on Monday was enough, but I answered him fairly well, and the overall presentation was a huge success. He went on and on about how he’d cut my topic from his lectures and was so glad that I’d covered it. His favorite math superstar was scheduled to talk first yesterday, and Dr. K completely tore him up. I’m a bad person for it, but it was hilarious to watch. By the time the next student started talking, I was holding my breath and biting my cheek and doing everything else I could to keep from laughing out loud. The student introduced his topic and was giving some background on a statistician who had contributed to it when Dr. K interrupted with “That damn guy! I hate that damn guy! Every time that that damn guy starts talking, it makes me want to start jumping…up and down and up and down!” Luckily, the kid next to me lost it before I did. About half the class collapsed in fits of laughter while the rest looked at us like we’d come from another planet. Class was pretty much over at that point, and I giggled all the way back to my car.
No comments:
Post a Comment