Only 11 days until I move, but every day the situation at the commune gets just a little worse. I’m trying not to let it get to me, but I’ve got to vent before I start throwing shoes all Amanda-style. So if you don’t want to hear my whining, now’s the time to stop reading.
Yesterday I was sitting in my office getting ready to go to class when one of them, we’ll call him C, walked in and just stood there. I continued what I was doing until I couldn’t stand being looked at anymore, and I asked if he wanted something. He proceeded to inform me that he didn’t need my help getting a piece of equipment built anymore because they took away his funding. There are so many things wrong with that statement. First of all, the fact that he couldn’t go over to our fabrications shop and tell the nice little old man what he wanted for himself proves that he should be dragging his mother around to help him function. It’s my own fault for saying I’d help him, but at the time I thought he just needed help drawing up the plans, and since it’s a piece of equipment that I’ve used before, it should have been no big deal. I was wrong. Next is the fact that they took away his money. His funding was coming from a small grant from the lab that they pass out every June. I can’t imagine what you have to do to get that money taken away 11 months after they gave it to him, but he doesn’t seem to think it’s a big deal. He’s very very wrong. Maybe we won’t have to deal with him much longer.
A, the second incompetent roommate, thinks of himself as a European even though he was born in America and has never lived anywhere else. As such, he thinks he possesses manners that are vastly superior to any of ours. He is sadly mistaken. I have never seen a person make so much noise with a plate of food. If that’s not enough, he also seems to think he’s a musician. He constantly taps and drums on things, including parts of his body…so hard that the room actually shakes while we’re watching TV.
This morning, the leak in the upstairs bathroom got so bad that we’ve decided to stop using the shower. This means that there are now five people sharing the downstairs bathroom. And two of them are nasty and have no home training.
This rant is now over. I only have 4 more trips to the main campus, one exam, and one trip to SC for a brother’s graduation before I can move into my new place and start focusing on my jellyfish. Can’t wait.
3 comments:
YAY!!!! New places are fun! I can't wait for mine.
Maybe you could branch out and start throwing hair brushes or calculators or something?
:)
So sorry your roommates have no home training.
Don't get arrested.
p.s. why is word verification now handicapped accessible?
I'm willing to throw whatever is handy, but D's right. There's no money in the budget for bail.
Post a Comment