And if so, what exactly is the quality that makes it so? Because I’m going to need to hide it. This morning the Professor who took me to France last week insisted that I help her technician who also went with the paperwork for getting per diem and travel reimbursements. I haven’t done my own paperwork yet, I’ve never done an international travel reimbursement. I’ve only once done an out of state one. Why would I know how to do it any better than she would? Turns out what she needed was to know where to find the form. The answer: with all the other forms. Then I was interrupted from my reading to help someone “make the projector work” in the lecture hall. The answer: plug it in. Is it just me, or does it seem like these are things that college graduates can figure out on their own? Are they so lacking in confidence that they can’t even try? And why am I the go-to-girl on these things?
Incidentally, I am finished with written comps and back from France with no permanent damage that I’m aware of. Jet lag was a bitch, and the cord to my ipod is MIA, but otherwise I’ve survived, and France had its good points, including a little sunshine. I actually wrote quite a long blog post while I was there, and I’ll post it and some pictures just as soon as I iron out a few technical difficulties.
No comments:
Post a Comment