20 November 2008

Rock and a hard place

Roommate D is leaving for Thanksgiving. She'll be gone for eight days. She had planned to take the dog with her, but has discovered that he exceeds the airline's weight limit.

The Rock:
If I agree to take care of the dog, I have to drop whatever I'm doing three times a day to let that ridiculous animal out to pee. This is one of the growing list of reasons I don't have a pet. I do not like having to plan my days around its bodily functions. In fact, I don't like having to plan my days at all. Of course this would be no big deal if it happened once, but lately it's happening more like once a month, and it's getting real old.

The Hard Place:
If I don't agree to take care of the dog, someone else will have to do it. Then if I happen to find myself relaxing at home when they come over, I'm the ass who made them drop what they were doing to come over to let the ridiculous animal out to pee while I was right there doing nothing important.

So once again, she gets to go on vacation, and I get screwed. Lovely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she needs to board him at a kennel

Maggie said...

You tell her that.

Anonymous said...

I will be happy to. It's what my roommate does when she's away. Although I'd willing watch her dogs because I heart them. Tell your dumb roommate to call me I have something to say to her. AND I'm gonna steal her boyfriend while I'm at it.

What what.