17 November 2008

WHAT THE HELL DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET SOME GODDAMN MANNERS AROUND HERE?

On Saturday I emailed out an invitation about Thanksgiving. I invited 9. 4 have politely declined. 7 have accepted.

4 + 7 ≠ 9

Apparently when I wrote, “I’m trying to keep this fairly small this year, but if I’ve forgotten to include someone who is planning to be around, please let me know,” some people interpreted that to mean, “Please forward this to everyone you know.” And by “some people”, I mean the same person who invited herself to throw a party at my house on Halloween.

Seven people for Thanksgiving really isn’t bad. I’m really only annoyed on principal. One of the people she invited always goes home for Thanksgiving. If I’d had any suspicion that she’d do something different this year, she’d have been on the list already. The other one, however, is someone I’ve never even heard of. And now he wants to cook a ham in my oven. Seriously?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who asks if they can cook a large piece of meat in someone else's oven?

Maggie said...

Who brings ham to thanksgiving?