1) Ever since the deadline knitting stopped, I can't seem to stop picking up new sock knitting projects before the last one is finished. Right now I have 5 different socks on the needles. Okay, technically it's only 4 since I only have 4 sets of sock needles, and the fifth project is between socks (first one is finished, second one is not started), but there are 5 pairs in the works. I suppose I'll have very warm feet if I finish any of these by winter.
2) The sock pictured above is the latest to be started. It was precipitated by Moose's visit last week (during which we had a spectacularly Eastern Shore time). I showed her the Walnut and Poke Berry yarn I dyed last year because she's really the only person I know who can properly appreciate that particular color of pink. Her enthusiasm inspired me to get started, and now I can't stop. That's about three and a half inches of sock or about 1/4 of a sock in the picture. The pattern is terribly enjoyable, and the way the colors are falling is perfect. I'm very excited.
3) In the background, that is in fact the newest season of the Real World Road Rules challenge. It's been a long time since I've watched (when did Evan become an asshole?), but now that I know that full episodes are online...
4) Finally, I can't stop checking the Fedex tracking website. I ordered a new cell phone yesterday because it finally got just that bad, and I finally realized that I was already entitled to a new phone. It should be at my house by 4:30 today. I can't really wait.
Update: Dammit! I ran a few errands over lunch. On my way out, I stopped at home. The reason of record for this stop was to see what kind of oil I needed to get for the lawn mower (because I'm continuing to remain positive by convincing myself that an oil change will stop all the smoking and that there's really nothing wrong with the thing). The actual reason was to see if my new cell phone had arrived yet. It had not. I debated stopping again on my way back, but decided that was what a crazy person would do. When I got back here and checked the status again, it was listed as delivered. About 5 minutes before the return trip would have put me at home. Now the old phone has begun to beep, which is clearly a test of my will to not go back home before the end of the day. At least my roommate's good for nothing boyfriend has finally made himself useful for something and signed for the package. Now if only we could get him to fix the lawn mower.
3 comments:
yay socks!!
new background!!! EXCITING!!! Life changing some may say.
fancy! regarding both socks and the change in background...and funnily enough...I recognized the RR/RW Duel...as I watched it all season :) and yes...evan is an asshole!
Post a Comment