30 July 2009

So much to do, so much time I can't use to do it

I have about a million things to do today. About half have been done. The other half can't get done at the moment, so I'm killing time. I turned in a new draft of my latest manuscript to my advisor this morning. He's reading now. I'm sure there will be plenty to do once he's finished, but until then, I can't work on it. I need to catch some zoops to feed my jellies, but I can't do that until the construction stops at 3:30 or later. I have Journal Club at 3, but for obvious reasons, can't do that now either. So instead I'm typing and playing bubble spinner, which is highly addictive. If you have any intention of ever being worth anything again, don't start playing.

Last night, J and I signed the lease for our new place. My last worry was that they'd find a buyer and sell the place before we signed the lease, but we've put down a deposit now, so I suppose there's nothing left to worry about. The count down clock is at 22 days until we get to move in. We haven't set up the time to get the keys from the owners yet, or I'd be counting down to the hour.

Update:
Advisor has returned the draft. He has only tiny changes. They'll be done in about 5 minutes, and then I'll be back in the same situation again.

No comments: