I found this very exciting organizaton called Earth Share. Their goal is to create a network of all of the organizatons that are working to protect health, air, water, land, and wildlife. The web site is www.earthshare.org, and there are some very interesting ideas there.
Their tip of the day is to recycle old cell phones. It sounds like a small thing, but can you imagine the volume of all of the discarded cell phones in America in a year? Saving that much space in our landfills is a very real step in the right direction and takes almost no effort. The web site tells how to donate your phone and provides the opportunity to choose the charity that it will go to, but it can be even easier. The Good Will and other nonprofit organizations will happily accept donations of cell phones. My last phone went to a local women's shelter...no postage necessary, I just dropped it off.
We forget about the "Reuse" part of the statement "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle", but it is a great way to make a difference for the environment and the community in general.
17 November 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Not relevant AT ALL to today's posting, but I did kinda good on the trivia quiz!! Not really good cuz I should've done much better, but okay at least.
Miss ya Maggie Mae
I've got an old cell phone. And you can have it and your rape whistle the next time you come see me.
Post a Comment