12 November 2004

Sorry for the Inconvenience

So after reading all of your blogs and seeing the references to the virtual mutiny that has occurred aboard my blog, I was ready to post a nasty response and change my password to something like “doriansucks” or “youcanallbiteme”, but then I finally made it to my own blog and was very surprised to see what a wonderful job Dorian had done in my absence. Dorian, you are welcome to provide your environmental thoughts anytime. As for the nasty comments, I’m going to ignore them. I do apologize; I didn’t realize what a problem my absence would be. Things were busy, and I just didn’t have anything pressing to say, and then I did actually leave town for a couple of days.

Amanda brought up a very interesting idea. She suggested that perhaps our President is in need of the lessons of the Lorax, and I agree with her that we should make those lessons available to him in vast quantities. The next time I participate in an email campaign, that is exactly what he will get from me. For those who have never read it, The Lorax by Dr. Suess is an excellent read and could not teach a more important lesson.

For now, I will leave you with this thought:
“The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, ‘This is mine,’ and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race have been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: “Beware of listening to this impostor, you are lost if you forget that the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one.’”
-Rousseau

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't change your password from IHeartDorian to DorianSucks, it'll make you seem indecisive.