02 September 2005

If all of the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops...

  • My poor unnamed fish has moved on to the Happy Hunting Grounds (Swimming Grounds?). Yesterday morning he looked all happy and mean like a good betta should, but when I finally got home around 10 pm, the bowl was full of scum and he was swimming sideways. I did what I could, changed the water and offered encouragement. It seemed to help a little. He was vertical again when I went to bed. I don’t know what kind of fast acting fungus they are selling at [Unnamed Retail Superstore], but by this morning he was no more. RIP Fish Doe, you will be missed.
  • After several scheduling changes to accommodate the Offending Roommate, and special inconvenience for me, we finally held the first meeting of the Locust St. Commune. OR did not make an appearance. Of course we proceeded to talk about him. Then we devised a cleaning schedule and system of penalties for nonparticipation. To kick off our new program, we are going to clean the hell out of the place on Sunday after the party. There’s nothing I like better than cleaning when I’m hung over. I’ve been given absolute authority to throw away anything I find in the kitchen. I can’t wait.
  • The jellyfish continue to misbehave. I informed my advisor of this today, and he seems stoked to tell everyone in the community that “their method sucks!” I continue to try to maintain hope for some type of statistical magic (I’ve got a couple of tricks up my sleeve, just need to perfect the delivery, and of course have a complete data set). He’s in a rare mood today. I don’t know what the subject is, but he’s in his office yelling “Fuck that!” into the phone. I concur.
  • I also conjured up the guts to call said advisor on his absent mindedness about getting my laptop to me. Hopefully by the end of next week (hmmm...I feel like I've heard that before...) Your Mom will be relegated to the basement of the administrative building to keep track of the JellyCam for me. I don't quite know how I'm going to make that happen...Your Mom is HUGE. Or if she can handle it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you bought the fish at walmart I'm not sure why you're tying to protect it's identity. Walmart is communist in the bad way

Maggie said...

It was somewhat sarcastic since I live in the middle of nowhere and that is the only "Retail Superstore" that has bothered to invade here.

Anonymous said...

Dam, I've been looking for a wholesale printing service, heathly coffe, and a place to get wine giftbaskets, maybe I should rethink this whole crazy word comment thing... Why go to them when they come to you?

Anonymous said...

Walmart is not communist.

JIK said...

my fish have been set free by katrina, they are probably happy swimming around new orleans