31 August 2005

drama n.

See definitions 5, 7, and especially 14.

  • At what is being called the “New Student Meet and Greet/Wine and Cheese Extravaganza”, the Locust St. roommates (of which I am one) were accused by a committee of professors of starting a commune. “How many of you live there anyway?” they say. “Six and two dogs,” we reply.
  • I cleaned a bathroom and started a war. It was a biohazard. Rather than seal the whole room in orange plastic, I cleaned it. Problem solved, right? The two clean veteran roommates sensed that they were no longer outnumbered and that the other two rookie roommates may be persuaded to join the cause making it a 5 to 1 majority. A meeting was called, via email of course. The offending roommate responded (but not to everyone) that he could not make it and to proceed without him. Schedules were rearranged. The intervention/attack is now set for tomorrow night over pizza. Details to follow, I’m sure.
  • Upon plugging in my brand new cell phone last night, it began to smoke. Needless to say, I will resume use of my old phone (and number) until such a time as the new one can be replaced. At that time I will continue my slow but steady effort to distribute the new number.
  • Went to my first class today. The video equipment worked just long enough to make me uncomfortable with having to watch myself on TV for an hour then died when the actual class business began. I got to listen to a math lecture. Can’t wait to try again tomorrow.
  • Congratulations to my parents, whose 30th anniversary was yesterday. Condolences to Jake. He was the only sibling home to accept the tears and kisses that resulted from our gift (we finally got one right…we usually screw up on anniversaries).
  • My cousin’s house on the coast of Mississippi is still standing, and it appears that it will remain so. That’s about all that can be said for it, but it’s more than a lot of her neighbors can say. I tried to use the family phone (gossip) chain to gather some information to pass on to Jenny, but nobody can seem to identify the city my cousin lives in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your cellphone is a classic example of your wanting to be low maintenance actually making you higher maintenance than the average person.

Maggie said...

Tickets to see Garrison Keillor at the Peace Center and a gift certificate for dinner.

You can't afford my gas. It's more expensive here anyway, but by the time I drive it all the way down there...