We had a candidate here last week for the geology faculty position. She gave a presentation on something that I didn't really follow. She showed LOTS of data and sounded like she was reading from a very technical textbook. Today another candidate gave a presentation, and I have to wonder how he got a Ph.D. He hardly had any data at all. His concept was so simple it was rediculous, and instead of a textbook, I think he was reading a bedtime story. Which is worse? I sure hope there are some more choices.
On a happier note, I now have keys to my new place! The furnature will arrive shortly.
02 August 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We had two candidates visit earlier in the summer... One had a terrible lisp and the other was just applying because someone told him he had to apply to a bunch of places before he'd ever hear from even one. They went with the guy with the lisp
Post a Comment