13 August 2005

NOT antisocial, just filthy

Before I get called antisocial, and I will, I'd like to explain my side. There's a really fantastic party going on at the pavillion tonight to be followed by a bonfire, and I'm not going. I'm hungry, thirsty, hot, and sunburnt (yes, again even after fumigating myself with what claimed to be error-proof spray on sunscreen). I haven't had a good night's sleep in two weeks, I've been filthy and damp since 9 am, and I spent the day yelling at little brats who I had no actual authority over and therefore could not control. I'm not trying to complain because I'm not really unhappy about any of these things, but I am not going to the party. I'm going home where I will shower, dine, and watch something mindless on cable (which I'm not paying for) before going to bed very early, and that's all there is to that.

Also, I sustained my first jellyfish sting today, so I'll have to find a little time in there to dig my meat tenderizer out of the giant pile of crap that calls itself my bedroom.

No comments: