A few weeks ago, the other grad student who was living in the dorms and I were talking about the fantastic party we were going to throw when the REUs finally left. She said that as a symbolic act of antiREU defiance, we should do something we couldn't do while they were here, like a sex toy party or something. Well I moved out shortly after that discussion and forgot all about it, but she decided to actually throw a "Passions Party". I mentioned it to Dorian who was perplexed and asked if I was actually going to go. I said, "why not? It'll be educational." She made me promise to share my education with everyone, so here it is: it really was very much like a tupperware party. We had a fantastic time eating and hanging out, but when the representative got there, it turned into a bad infomercial. Most of the products were bath products that were allegedly full of "pheromones" to help you catch a man. I don't buy it for a second. As for her "electronics", most of them were overpriced crap. They were all either exagerated in their anatomical correctness or shaped like creepy looking animals. Two even broke in the representative's hands...as Sue would say (and the girls who are more into that than me agreed) it was mostly trash, and I didn't even end up with an education. Maybe this was just a bad company (you'll notice that I've not mentioned it's name), but we were not impressed...and you could tell by how much everyone spent.
We were talking about this party at another gathering over the weekend, and the hostess's boyfriend expressed severe discomfort over it. He said that if he and "the boys" wanted to go get a stripper it would not be OK, so why is our party OK? We tried to explain the difference, but it didn't work. Poor guy, he was so confused.
16 August 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dildos should not look like beavers. That is all.
Post a Comment