It's been brought to my attention that I've not described my fantastic new living situation. I'm told that I'm living in a grad student's paradise, and I wouldn't argue. I just moved into a 6-bedroom 1870s house in the historic district. We are within about three blocks of most of the other grad students and in walking distance to all of the restaurants/bars. Everything about it is very real and not at all mass produced. It has real shutters, hardwood floors, and the most fantastic banister that follows the central staircase all the way up to the attic, which is were my bedroom is. The kitchen and bathrooms are newly renovated, and there's a pool in the back yard. That's right, I have a back yard! Right now there are four of us living there, but we are expecting two more roommates by the end of the month. We (and by we, I mean my roommate Jen) have a three year old german shephard-golden retreiver named Kelly, and will soon have a husky who will come along with one of the new roommates.
In previous posts, I've mentioned the chains of unusual emails that I regularly get. This week, the entire student body (all 30 of them) has taken it upon itself to fill my social calendar. I'm finally on the student listserv, so I am getting all the emails, but just in case, every message that is of a social nature is followed by "can somebody please make sure Maggie gets this". At which time everyone I've ever talked to forwards it to me. How cute are they?
17 August 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They are very cute (with the e-mails) and it sounds like your house is adorable as well.
Post a Comment