27 May 2005

In Case I Sink to the Bottom of the Lake...

Yesterday I mentioned going to the dive shop. The goal was to spend my gift certificate on mask defogger or a t-shirt or something else that I don't need. Instead, they convinced me to go diving tomorrow. I do need to go diving--only four more dives to complete my advanced certification, and I should pick up my card before I leave town. On the other hand, I've been a little sick, I'm worried about my ears, and I have lots of cleaning and packing to do before I leave on Thursday. So I told them that if they had a rental for me, I would go. I assumed that on Thursday before Memorial Day weekend, all of the gear would be claimed, but they said that for me they would "rig something up." Sounds a little sketchy already, right? When I picked up my gear today, Reese handed me the last regulator on the shelf and laughing to himself said, "You get to dive with Purple Patti." Now, there are definitely good dive shops and bad ones; this is by far one of the good ones, and I know that they would never let me dive with unsafe or even slightly questionable gear, but that's a really strange thing to say. I checked out all of the gear as soon as I got home. Everything is in perfect order, and the regulator is exactly like every other regulator that I've ever rented from them. I even made the computer work (which indicates previous user error more than faulty equipment), so I don't get it. I just wanted to explain myself to the blog police in the event that Purple Patti and I do sink to the bottom of the lake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you start sinking, start kicking